DATE: 19 – 21 November 2018
PLACE: ATKV Klein Kariba, Bela Bela, Limpopo
REGISTRATION: Click here
Accommodation at Klein Kariba ATKV Resort is mainly self-catering, but neat and tidy camp sites are available too. For those who do not want to self-cater, please complete the block on the accommodation booking form to request daily breakfast.
The restaurant is available during the day and at night for those who do not attend the evening functions or the convention.
ATKV members must provide their membership details to qualify for discount.
DOWNLOAD THE ACCOMMODATION BOOKING FORM HERE
We strive to provide an informative and interactive program once again with topics such as “Challenges the industry faces & possible solutions” and an interactive session with DEA on statistics and legislation;
During the Fund AGM feedback will be given on the Conservation Research Fund and the transformation process will also be discussed.
DOWNLOAD THE CONVENTION PROGRAM HERE
The future of PHASA depends on you and therefore it is your responsibility to nominate potential EXCO Members and Fund Directors for 2019. They are the people who will take PHASA forward and manage the Association to the best of their ability on your behalf.
When: Monday evening
The fun evening on Monday promises to be very entertaining again!
Informal Braai & PH Function:
When: Tuesday evening
You must attend the informal braai on Tuesday evening. PH’s remember to register and attend your separate function, beforehand, with the Exco members.
Gala, Awards Ceremony & Auction:
When: Wednesday evening
At the prestigious gala on Wednesday evening, the awards will be
presented and our very important fundraising auction, will also be held.
Ladies High Tea and Ladies Lunch:
An exciting High Tea on Monday and a Wednesday Lunch will once again be arranged for the ladies.
Several new awards will be introduced soon – be on the lookout for this.
AUCTION ITEMS NEEDED!
The nett profit of the annual auction is one of our main sources of income. This allows us to deliver professional service to our members and also to address various challenges that our industry faces.
• Please consider a donation towards the auction (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
AUCTION ITEMS TO DATE
(In no particular order / Not in bidding order!)
- BUSH BRO PRODUCTION video donation. 1- Cameraman for a 7/10 day Hunt for 2019/2020 (Sponsored by: Riaan Jacobs from Bosveld Jacobs Safaris). 2- A processed video of the hunt, which can be downloaded via a link (Sponsored by: Henk Jacobs from Bush Bro). Terms and Conditions: 1- The outfitter to provide the Cameraman with accommodation, food and soft drinks / water, laundry for the 10 days. 2- The hunt must be discussed at least 3-6 months before the time, to ensure that a cameraman is available. Short notice will be accommodated if possible, but cannot be guaranteed. 3- If not in the Limpopo Province, the Outfitter is responsible for the cameraman’s transport there and back from the Limpopo Province. Donated by Henk Jacobs – Bush Pro Productions. Value R36000
- 1x Stand/kneeling Hunt Stick. Donated by Franco Guilietti, FG Safari Products. Value R990. Donation towards the FUND
- 1x Rifle Rack. Donated by Franco Guilietti, FG Safari Products. Value: R800. Donation towards the FUND
- Buffalo Pedestal Mount, including a pedestal case (up to Buffalo size). Tanning of the back skin and the manufacturing of a gun bag. Donated by Nylstroom Taxidermy. Value: R20,400
- Glock 43 in 9mm with spare magazine, speedloader and cleaning kit
- Paindane Beach Resort, Mozambique. 7-days accommodation to the value of R16 800. Rustic / basic accommodation in an 8 Bed Chalet, consisting of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Valid for 1 year from date of auction excluding RSA school holidays. T’s&C’s apply. Donation towards the Conservation Research Fund
- 7-Days Buffulo Hunt in the Nalika WMA South of Selous Reserve, Tenduru District, Tanzania for 1 x hunter only. Includes: 1 x Buffalo Bullt o be hunted between 1 July – 31 October 2019, not negotiable. Accommodation: Comfortable tented camp with en-suite facilities and hot & cold running water situated Nalika WMA South of Selous Reserve on a river bank. Extras included: 1x Arrival day, 7 days hunting & 1 departure day; All hunting related services & field preparation of trophy; Trophy fee for 1 x Cape Buffalo Bull; Full Board & Lodge. Extras Excluded: Government fees and all: R54 480 (one rifle & 20 rounds); Travelling to and from area and needed hotel accommodation: R14 410; All taxidermy and trophy export fees; All international travel fees and airfare; Any trophy fees for extra game hunted if quota allowes; Gratuities. RESERVE PRICE: R72 050. T’s & C’s apply. Donated by Pieter Potgieter & Charl van Rooyen – Ultimate Tanzania Safaris. Value: $18,750
- Hunt for a Golden Wildebeest. Location: Dapchick Wildlife Reserve. Donated by York Safaris. Value R25 000
- Golf club with PHASA 25 year design on the club. Donated by Paul Ferreira
- Knife with a Red Stag Hoof. Donated by Paul Ferreira
- Elephant Hunt: 14-day Trophy Elephant hunt in the Makuya Park (Max 70lb tusks). Dates: Between June – October 2019, non negotiable. Accommodation: Bush Tent and/or Tented/Timber Lodge in Makuya Park. Excludes: Daily fees $400/d/hunter and $300/d/non hunter 1 PH stay for free. Inclusive of food, local drinks & accommodation. Donated by Dracura Wildlife Solutions. 30% donation to the FUND.
- 3 x Lots: Buffalo Hunt: 7-day Trophy Buffalo hunt in the Makuya Park (No size limit). Dates: Between June – October 2019, non negotiable. Accommodation: Bush Tent and/or Tented/Timber Lodge in Makuya Park. Exclude:Daily fees $400/d/hunter and $300/d/non hunter 1 PH stay for free. Inclusive of food, local drinks & accommodation. Donated by Dracura Wildlife Solutions. 30% donation towards FUND
- Professional hunter and outfitter course inclusive of accommodation and training. To be held at Sutherland Hunting Academy near Vaalwater. Dates and additional information can be viewed at www.huntacademy.co.za. Donated by David Sutherland – Sutherland Hunting Academy
- A set of Men’s and Ladies’ Aprons. Treated with a leather sealant to protect it from water and oil spatter. Donated by Karoo Taxidermy. Value: R885,00 each
- Black Leather Ottoman. Size: 92cm x 50cm x 22cm. Donated by Karoo Taxidermy. Value: R4,000
- Silver & Warthog Tooth Belt Buckle with Rhino design. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R6 500
- Silver Men’s Cufflinks with buffalo design. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R1 200
- Long Silver Necklace. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R4 575
- Silver & Onyx Necklace. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R2 800
- .30 Diamond Necklace. 9ct mounting & 14ct chain. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R12 300
- Men’s Oryx Horn Bracelet. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R3 000
- Ladies Oryx Horn Bracelet with Lion head design. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R4 600
- 2 x Chrystal Necklace. Donated by Maryna de Klerk – MII Jewellery. Value R700
- NextHunt Donation of 1 x Sable Membership Package. NextHunt is a hunting and accommodation booking website located at www.nexthunt.co.za. Hunters can view and book opportunities on the website. Members, who are referred to as Providers (farms and outfitters) can list their hunting opportunities for hunters to see. Sable Package is the international hunter focussed membership option which includes a lot of extras. T&C’s apply. Donated by Pierre du Preez – NextHunt. Value R19 500
- 3 x Lots: NextHunt Donation of 1x Kudu Membership Package. NextHunt is a hunting and accommodation booking website located at www.nexthunt.co.za. Hunters can view and book opportunities on the website. Members, who are referred to as Providers (farms and outfitters) can list their hunting opportunities for hunters to see. Kudu Package is a standard membership option for providers targeting local hunters. T&C’s apply. Donated by Pierre du Preez – NextHunt. Value: R2 950
- Wild & Jag Tydskrif / Game & Hunt Magazine: 1 x Full Page over 12 months. Donated by Game & Hunt Magazine
- 6 x Lots: Wild & Jag Tydskrif / Game & Hunt Magazine: 1 x 1/2 Page over 12 months. Donated by Game & Hunt Magazine
- 5 x Lots: Wild & Jag Tydskrif / Game & Hunt Magazine: 1 x 1/3 Page over 12 months. Donated by Game & Hunt Magazine
- 4 x Lots: Africa’s Sportsman Magazine: 1 x Full Page Advertisement. Donated by Africa’s Sportsman Magazine
- 1 x Bottle Hand Crafted Vodka from Waterberg Disteleerders in custom wooden box with PHASA logo. Donated by Chris Lordan. Value: R800
- Hand made Knife in hand made leather sheath made by Oliver Hart, renowned knife maker. Made specifically for the PHASA 2018 Convention. This knife has a fantastic shape and fits in your hand in the field as well as in your display cainet. A real must have! Donated by Jono Joseph – JWK Safaris. Value R2 000
T’s & C’s Apply
- Enter for the PHASA Awards – categories available soon!
- Forward nominations for Exco and the Fund to the PHASA Office
- To dress according to the theme for the fun evening
- To forward agenda items to be included for the AGM’s
- Make the necessary reservation for light aircrafts at the Bela Bela landing strip – form available from the PHASA Office
- Bring with hair dryer
Visit the Klein Kariba ATKV Resort – www.klein-kariba.co.za – for information on accommodation and items available in the chalets etc.
- The office close at 18.00 on the 18th November 2018 – please make the necessary arrangements with them should you arrive later
- This is a self-catering facility – only coffee, tea and sugar will be available in the chalets etc.