Criteria For Hunting Outfitters Permit
The applicant must have:
- Proof that he/she attended a registered Professional Hunting School & possesses the necessary knowledge, ability, skill & experience required, as well as having passed the relevant practical examinations (same as for Professional Hunter).
- Proof that he/she has successfully completed the theoretical examination set by the relevant Provincial Nature Conservation Authorities. No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be issued a permit to operate as a Hunting Outfitter.
- Proof that he/she has been an active Professional Hunter for a period of at least three (3) years, or is the owner of the land, which land will be used for the purpose of outfitting/hunting.
- Membership of a recognized Professional Hunters’ Association.
- The necessary services, facilities and convenience listed.
CRITERIA FOR RENEWAL of an HO Permit:
Renewal of a Hunting Outfitter’s Permit will be subject to:
- The applicant must submit proof that he/she has undertaken (as a hunting outfitter) at least three (3) hunts or completed a minimum of twenty-one (21) hunting days with an overseas client, during that three (3) years preceding the application.
- Should the requirements of (1.) above not be fulfilled, the applicant must be re-tested at the discretion of the Director of a Professional Hunting School and the theoretical exams re-written.
Visit the PHASA SHOP
Books, Badges, DVD’s, Registers and more